- Machine or gind/cut housing to 3.200" from the tangent of the tube
- Pre-heat housing to 400 degrees ER70 or ER80 welding wire is recommended
- Reinstall the ring gear, carrier and bearings.
- Tack weld the bottom plate/cover assembly to the housing with ALL bolts installed.
- Check that the assembly is free of interference’s.
- Remove the cover.
- Remove the ring gear, carrier and bearings.
- Pre-heat the housing/bottom plate with a rose bud torch until they are approximately 400 degrees. (Temperature marker can be used to indicate temp. You should not see a cherry color. If you do it is too hot.)
- Weld the bottom plate from the outside first. Use a chipping hammer or a needle scaler (preferred) to relieve the weld and material while maintaining heat as best as possible. Do this until the entire area has been relieved.
- Re-heat if necessary and weld inside. Repeat needle scale and heat.
- Apply heat blanket and let cool as slowly as possible.
I couldn’t be happier with the functionality in ground clearance. You guys nailed it. From the craftsmanship, to delivery time. Thank you team at ballistic
Went on great and seems really strong
This kit goes together just as easy as the bolt kit. Been beating mine for 3 years now with out a problem. I love hearing it glide over rocks. :}
This shave kit was recommended by a friend. Very high quality fab. Excellent communication from Ballistic Fab after sale. Will be purchasing more from Ballistic!
I received the shave kit in a timely manner, good packaging. I was not that impressed with the welds on the cover. I had 3 spots with quite a lot of porosity holes two of them I ground out and welded my self. I felt that it wouldn’t hold oil if I were to install it. I would recommend upping the quality control a bit but,I totally understand things slip by from time to time. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or would like pictures.