- Machine or gind/cut housing to 3.200" from the tangent of the tube
- Pre-heat housing to 400 degrees ER70 or ER80 welding wire is recommended
- Reinstall the ring gear, carrier and bearings.
- Tack weld the bottom plate/cover assembly to the housing with ALL bolts installed.
- Check that the assembly is free of interference’s.
- Remove the cover.
- Remove the ring gear, carrier and bearings.
- Pre-heat the housing/bottom plate with a rose bud torch until they are approximately 400 degrees. (Temperature marker can be used to indicate temp. You should not see a cherry color. If you do it is too hot.)
- Weld the bottom plate from the outside first. Use a chipping hammer or a needle scaler (preferred) to relieve the weld and material while maintaining heat as best as possible. Do this until the entire area has been relieved.
- Re-heat if necessary and weld inside. Repeat needle scale and heat.
- Apply heat blanket and let cool as slowly as possible.
This kit goes together just as easy as the bolt kit. Been beating mine for 3 years now with out a problem. I love hearing it glide over rocks. :}
This shave kit was recommended by a friend. Very high quality fab. Excellent communication from Ballistic Fab after sale. Will be purchasing more from Ballistic!
I received the shave kit in a timely manner, good packaging. I was not that impressed with the welds on the cover. I had 3 spots with quite a lot of porosity holes two of them I ground out and welded my self. I felt that it wouldn’t hold oil if I were to install it. I would recommend upping the quality control a bit but,I totally understand things slip by from time to time. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or would like pictures.